The abstract submission for East-Meets-West abstracts is open from 13 – 27 February 2017. Regular abstract submission ended on January 16.
Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author to present at the congress if accepted.
Abstracts may be submitted in English only. Please make sure that special characters and symbols are inserted correctly. Authors will be able to draft the abstracts online and may return to the site to edit the texts of the abstracts if necessary.
A highly qualified panel of reviewers will assess all submitted abstracts. Abstracts will be approved according to their scientific/clinical merit. Notification of acceptance and information regarding presentations will be forwarded to the authors immediately after the reviewing process by e-mail, on Wednesday, 22 February 2017. Instructions for oral presentation and poster preparation will be included in these emails.
If an abstract is accepted it is mandatory for the presenting author to attend the congress.
For an abstract to be included in the final scientific program, it is mandatory for the presenting author to register for the congress and to settle payment as soon as the notification of abstract acceptance is received and not later than Friday, 10 March 2017. Expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenter(s)/author(s).
Abstract Title Length: max. 30 words
Abstract Body Length: max. 300 words, incl. numbers and symbols, incl. max. 1 table of 7 columns and 5 rows
Keywords: up to 5 Keywords may be named for your abstract
Abstract Body Structure:
4. Summary and Conclusions
Submission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors and transfer of copyright to the ECTS becomes effective when the abstract has been accepted for presentation.
Original Scientific Material:
The submitted abstract should be original scientific material.
An abstract cannot be considered for oral presentation if it has already been presented orally at another international meeting within Europe prior to the time of submitting the abstract to ECTS 2016. It can be considered for a poster presentation.
An abstract can be considered for oral presentation if it has already been presented orally at international meetings outside of Europe or at national meetings. Authors are strongly advised to add new data to the abstract.
- Arthritis and other joint diseases: translational and clinical
- Biochemical testing
- Bone matrix
- Bone biomechanics and quality
- Bone development/growth and fracture repair
- Bone marrow
- Calciotropic and phosphotropic hormones and mineral metabolism
- Cancer and bone: basic
- Cancer and bone: basic, translational and clinical
- Cancer and bone: translational and clinical
- Cell biology: osteoblasts and bone formation
- Cell biology: osteoclasts and bone resorption
- Cell biology: osteocytes, mechanobiology
- Chondrocytes and cartilage
- Energy metabolism and bone, fat and bone, diabetes
- Genetics & Epigenetics
- Muscle, basic science
- Muscle, clinical studies, physical activity and bone
- Muscle, physical activity and bone
- Osteoporosis: evaluation and imaging
- Osteoporosis: pathophysiology and epidemiology
- Osteoporosis: treatment
- Other diseases of bone and mineral metabolism
- Paediatric bone disease
- Paediatric bone disease & other diseases of bone and mineral metabolism
- Preclinical and ex-vivo imaging
- Steroid hormones and receptors